Hi, this Is Howie Stanger, Grade 6 teacher at BJEP. This past Sunday was the culmination of the 6th Grade Legacy Project. What an incredible morning! The project was designed for students to engage in discovering and asking about an older family member, his/her Jewish Identity, and what type of legacy he/she wanted to pass on to the student. The projects were very well-done from impressive powerpoint presentations to creative posters and food projects. The aim of the project was also the students to begin to feel a part of a greater Jewish community, which was reflected in the larger service. Each class had spent the past few months learning the Sunday morning service and performed beautifully. It was great to see the students come together after learning separately to create a great moment in their young Jewish lives. We loved seeing them wearing the tallits (prayer shawls) that they had made. This service helped to enforce the idea of Jews as a community, which was a very prevalent theme throughout all of the Legacy projects. We would like to thank all of the parents and grandparents who came to the service, as well as the family members that were the substance of the project. It was great for the teachers, but more the students to learn about their histories and feel part of the greater Jewish community. Mazel Tov sixth graders!
BJEP BLOG: The Very Latest from BJEP Teachers
- Reflection on Teaching Seventh Grade at BJEP
- Israels Birthday
- 7th Graders Participate in Commemoration of Holocaust.
- Grade 3 Teacher on Passover
- Happy Purim!!
- Library is more than just Books at BJEP
- Grade 4 Havdalah at BJEP
- BJEP Performed “Fiddler on the Roof”
- Fifth Graders Celebrate Israel in Interactive Program
- Sixth Graders Tie Fringes on Home-Made Tallits (prayer shawls)
- Fourth Graders Decorate Own Personal Siddur
- Grade 3 Teacher Reflects on Jewish Education and BJEP
- Second Grader Teacher on the Grade 2 Family Program
- First Graders Excited about Tzedakah
- September 2012 – Grade 6 Teacher on Prayer Shawl Making
Shop Amazon, Support BJEP!Click on the icon below and you'll be taken to Amazon. It'll look the same, but with one major difference. Regardless of what you buy on Amazon, BJEP will earn up to 15% of the sale!
BJEP at a Glance
* Grades K through 7
* Sundays only from 9:30 a.m. - noon
* Taught by dynamic Brandeis students
* Directed by a strong team of professionals
* Committed to developing positive feelings about Jewish identity
* Emphasizes Jewish traditions, values, and culture
* Teaches Hebrew language, Torah stories, and Jewish history
* Celebrates and teaches about Jewish holidays
* Offers Jewish theater, music, dance, and art programs
* Supports opportunities for adult learning
* Provides Bar and Bat Mitzvah support
* Runs inclusive High Holiday services
* Welcomes families from all backgrounds
* Builds a feeling of community with the Jewish people
Support Our Jewish JourneyConsider donating to BJEP to support our mission to instill children and families with a love of Jewish tradition, values, culture and learning. Your tax deductible contribution can be paid using Paypal. Select the button below to donate directly to BJEP using Paypal.