HIGH HOLIDAY COORDINATOR
The High Holiday Coordinator is responsible for making arrangements for both the reader and the non-reader services on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur (four services in total). Arranges for leaders and shofar blower, coordinates with Hillel and Brandeis, contacts Rabbi Al. Works with the four other volunteers to oversee all the details.
• Arrange for leaders (in spring or early summer, $300 per leader) for both non-reader and reader services for both Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Leader must play guitar for non-reader service and guitar is also preferred for reader’s service. Confirm leaders in the fall.
• Call Cindy Spungin at Brandeis Hillel (781-736-3584 or 781-736-3582 Hillel) firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm use of Levin and Schwartz Auditorium. Levin needs to have Torah, table, tablecloth, chairs, microphone.
• Ask Andrea Baron in BJEP office to send an email to all 5th, 6th, and 7th grade families to request reading parts
• Call Sherman Dining (Dennis Bergeron Bergeron-Dennis@aramark.com 781-736-4352 or Robert Jensen Jensen-Robert@aramark.com) to send out a “Materials and Supply Requisition” for: one full sheet cake (white w/ blue trim, written in caps “HAPPY BIRTHDAY WORLD 57__”), seven-SLICED, round challah, seven challah platters, napkins. To: Sherman Dining Services. We’ve had J+B Bakery do it in the past 508-279-0990
• Send letter to Rabbi Al, inviting him to speak at the services. Rabbi Al Axelrad, Center for Spiritual Life, Emerson College, 120 Boylston St., Boston, 02116-1596
• Confirm Shofar blower. If necessary, borrow Rabbi Al’s Shofar from Ellie in chaplain’s office and arrange for leader to blow the Shofar
• Check with other parent volunteers to make sure they are all set with service booklets, donation slips, etc.
• Make sure the reader-leader has service booklet with reading portions marked on day of services
• Bring apples and honey and pick up cake and challah from Sherman and deliver to Schwartz and Levin on Rosh Hoshanah. Apples, honey, and cake go to Schwartz, challah goes to Levin. Bring 7 decorative napkins for challah covers to Usdan
• Assign a BJEP board member to speak briefly at beginning of all four services to describe BJEP program and to request donations
• Remind leader to say hamotzie after service
• After the services, send thank you to Rabbi Al and service leaders
1. Readers leader: Arielle Kaplan email@example.com
2. Non-readers leader: Allison Pollock: 617-244-3133
3. Sherman Dining: Dennis Bergeron Bergeron-Dennis@aramark.com 781-736-4352 and Robert Jensen Jensen-Robert@aramark.com
4. Shofar: Ethan Mahoney. Mother, Pat Mahoney (508) 394-0067
5. Rabbi : Rabbi Al Axelrad, Center for Spiritual Life, Emerson College,120 Boylston St.,Boston, 02116-1596, home # (617) 523-1818 work# (617) 824-8036
6. Amy Sands, BJEP Director, 261 Eliot St., Chestnut Hill, MA 02467 (617) 734-4997 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org